Open Water Checkout Dives with us in Florida
Jaunt down to sunny South Florida with us and jump off a boat over a beautiful coral reef, explore shipwrecks and see the tropical fish of the South East on the 3rd largest barrier reef in the world with your own personal instructor escort. Fly down on a Thursday, and be back on Sunday with your certification card!
What is Included?
- Open Water Training
- 2 Boat Tickets
- Snacks and Soft Drinks on boat
- Tanks, Weights
- BCD, Regulator, Computer Rental
- $200 off the trip if you buy your own! (see terms at bottom)
- 3 nights hotel at the Courtyard Marriott Fort Lauderdale East (double occupancy)
- Breakfast Daily
- Graduation Dinner on Saturday Night
- New York Instructor Escort
Some important facts:
- Fly down on Thursday and land no later than 5pm so you can get fitted for rental gear if you are renting.
- Make sure you schedule your return flight for after 4pm on Sunday to give yourself 24 hours before you fly. We may need to do an afternoon boat weather depending.
- Purchase travel insurance in the event of bad weather canceling dives
- Rental Gear pickup and drop off is at Scuba Network Fort Lauderdale, a five minute walk from the hotel
Here are some of the things we’re doing to keep you and our staff safe:
- All of our staff are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and at peak immunity.
- Pre and Post sanitizing the gear with steramine, a powerful anti-viral that is capable of wiping out nearly all viruses including HIV
- Divers have the option to purchase their own mouthpiece and we will put it on for you
Please monitor your own health. If you develop any of the symptoms outlined by the CDC, please contact us immediately. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
Where are we going?
Fly into Fort Lauderdale, and ask the taxi to bring you to the Courtyard Marriott Fort Lauderdale East.
What’s the plan?
Anytime prior to your flight, we need you to make an appointment to physically come into the shop for a fitting. We will take down your measurements, and send down your rental information to the Florida store so that it is ready for when you arrive. Two things that are not part of the rental package are dive gloves and dive knives. We strongly recommend both of these items, especially the gloves.
Thursday: Fly into Fort Lauderdale and land by 5pm. Check into the hotel and then walk over to Scuba Network FTL to pick up rental gear
Friday: Breakfast briefing with your instructor who will go over all the dos and don’ts of boat diving, and make sure everyone is set. Pack up our gear and uber over to the boat for a 1pm departure. 2 dives in the afternoon where we will evaluate skills in the open water.
Saturday Morning: 1 wreck dive and 1 reef dive to complete your certification. Saturday night we will have a group graduation dinner at one of the fine restaurants of Fort Lauderdale by the Sea.
Sunday Afternoon (4pm or later): Fly home.
While we keep our confined water classes capped at 4 students, our open water dive groups are larger, between 8-10 students, depending on assistant availability. We still keep a ratio of 4 students to dive professional.
What do I need to bring?
All divers are responsible for their gear except for tanks and weights, which will be delivered to the boat. Rentals are available from Scuba Network stores, and must be returned on Saturday after the dives. If you purchased additional gear, please let us know, as it may deduct from your rental package. We will provide snacks, but you may want to bring some of your own to keep your energy up throughout the day, especially if you have allergies.
Bring what you would normally bring for a day at the beach: reef safe sunscreen, towel, change of dry clothes, swimsuit. Boat ponchos are absolutely clutch to change on the boat.
Open Water Checkout Dives are available at a 20% discount when you book an international trip with us. Please check in with the shop if Open Water training is available on the trip of your interest.
*$200 discount is eligible for Open Water students only. Gear must be purchased through Scuba Network NYC. Offer may not be transferred or exchanged. Terms and conditions apply. Must present offer at time of sale. May not be combined with other offers. Not redeemable for advertised specials, previous purchases, or cash. Valid at Scuba Network NYC only.